We are a training provider based in the heart of Birmingham, West Midlands offering a range of training programmes that aim to start or enhance people's careers. Our programmes are especially designed to develop the key skills needed to gain employment. Over the last 30 years we have built a strong reputation for identifying and maximising people's potential with emphasis on helping our learners establish a positive attitude towards themselves, others and their work.
“Developing people and changing lives for a better future”
Our teaching methods, training programmes and apprenticeships are underpinned
with the following goals in mind:
Broadening The Mind
“When I started Gordon Franks Training some 30 years ago, I wanted to build an organisation that was creative, innovative and professional, something that everyone involved in would enjoy and be proud to be associated with.
I find it extremely rewarding that, together with a fantastic team of professionals, some amazing partnerships with local companies and schools, and the hard work of the learners that have come through our door, I have achieved just that.
A great analogy for Gordon Franks Training is that we are like an orchestra, with individual talents coming together to form a harmony. Our foundations are built on the idea of ‘making music, moving forward and changing lives’. This remains a central core of our work.
Our success, and the success young people have achieved from their time with us, is a testament to this vision and our continuing attempts to improve what we do and how we do it.”
- We put people at the heart of everything we do
- We act with honesty, fairness and integrity
- We endorse an ethos and culture that fosters and celebrates uniqueness, diversity and promotes Gordon Franks Training as an equal opportunities organisation
- We show respect for the needs and views of every individual through regular communication and action
- We seek innovative and creative ways of working and learning that contributes to the progress of the organisation
- We contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, supporting learners and colleagues in realising their full potential
- We take responsibility to find solutions to problems and empower others to do the same
- We take pride in delivering a high quality service
- We listen, learn and respond so that we can improve what we do
- We demonstrate a commitment to continual quality enhancement in all aspects of the learner’s experience
- We ensure learner involvement in the development of all aspects of their programme
- We work together and achieve as one team
- To contribute to a learning environment which is effective in preparing learners for the future and which supports them in achieving their ambitions