This EUSR Abrasive Wheels course is designed for those who operate, supervise or manage the use of angle grinders, cut off saws and bench top cut off saws. Our aim is to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels and to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to understand the legal requirements and their responsibility for the safe use of abrasive wheels and identify potential hazards and risks. Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used and carry out the appropriate pre-use checks. Be able to correctly mark, store, handle and transport abrasive wheels and any ancillary equipment such as discs. Conduct a practical exercise, in a safe and efficient manner. The course includes Practical activities and assessment, and a written exam, supported by a theory based presentation.
- Upon Successful completion the candidate will be awarded the following qualification.
- Smart Awards Certificate of Attendance for Handheld Equipment Abrasive Wheel.
Please call 0121 333 3001 to discuss the cost of this course.
- Health & Safety, HSG47
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Bonded Abrasive Products
- Fitting an Abrasive Wheels
- Storage and maintenance
- Misuse of Abrasive Wheels
Reserve this course:
All information submitted using the booking form above will be used for the sole purpose of contacting you regarding your booking reservation.
Please read our Terms and Conditions by clicking here
Call: 0121 333 3001