St George’s Academy
Apprentice Teaching assistant required for St Georges Academy based in Birmingham. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Supported teaching & Learning level 2.
- Support the activities of individuals or groups of children
- Participate in the education of children, including contributing to their health and well-being
- Establish and maintain Education Plans as appropriate
- Contribute to individual Education Plans as appropriate
- Support pupils during learning activities
- Promote pupils’ social and emotional development
- Provide support for bilingual/multilingual pupils where appropriate to the role
- Support for pupils with specific needs, for example, sensory and/or physical impairment, cognitive and social development needs, communication and interaction difficulties
- Support pupils with literacy and numeracy skills
- Support pupils to access the curriculum
Support for the Teacher:
- Observe and report on pupil performance
- Contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the learning environment
- Contribute to the management of pupils’ behaviour
- Contribute to the maintaining pupils’ records
- Support the maintenance of pupils’ safety and security
- Provide general administrative support, for example, supporting students to complete coursework, produce worksheets etc.
- Undertake joint home visits as appropriate and in line with LA policy
- Support the maintenance of pupil safety and security
Contribute to the management of pupil behaviour by:
- Promoting school policies with regard to pupil behaviour
- Supporting the implementation of strategies to manage pupil behaviour
- Provide clerical/admin support, e.g. photocopying, collecting money, administer coursework
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn and work
- Interest in teaching
Desired qualifications :
- Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent or Functional Skills
Possible opportunity to progress onto an advanced apprenticeship/employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
This role will involve working with children/young people so a DBS check will need to be completed
01213333001 or Shakera@gordonfrankstraining.co.uk