Billy Bears Nursery
Apprentice Nursery Assistant required for Billy Bear’s Nursery based in Solihull. This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 or Level 3 (for the right candidate) for 15 months with fantastic career prospects!
To work as part of the Nursery team, providing supervision and support for children with the direction and guidance of the Nursery Manager / Deputy Nursery manager. Duties to include but not limited to:
- To be responsible for you own workload whilst training and ensure you are actively supporting the children and the staff team in providing a warm, caring and stimulating environment for the children.
- Support, plan and deliver a programme of activities suitable to the age range and ability of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- Be responsible for providing activities and learning experiences that will help every child learn and develop.
- Support all staff and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Support Nursery Practitioners with Key Worker duties.
- When required, work in partnership with parents, external agencies and all internal colleagues to ensure every child is given full support.
- To undertake relevant statutory training either in work time or outside of work time to ensure the nursery meets all regulatory standards.
- Look upon the Nursery as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure your knowledge and understanding of OFSTED standards and the EYFS Curriculum is up to date and that this is evident in your practice at all times.
- Create an enabling environment where all children can reach their potential through a ‘child centred’ approach.
- Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning, cleansing of equipment etc. m. To be involved in out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, Summer fayre, Christmas party etc.
- Able to form excellent relationships with children
- Able to communicate well and to establish firm and consistent boundaries
- Able to implement a range of activities suited to the age range and ability of the child, in conjunction with the Nursery Manager and other staff members
- Able to form good working relationships with other team members
- Able to enhance children’s learning and development
- Knowledge of EYFS Curriculum requirements
- PC Literate
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Passion to work with children
- Caring nature
Must have Maths and English at GCSE A*-E or Functional skills Level 1 or higher
Equivalent qualifications such as Adult Literacy/Numeracy do not qualify
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section).
Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Call – 01213333001 or email – Shakera.Rahman@gordonfrankstraining.co.uk