Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Qualification: Business Administration Level 2
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Administrator to join the team at the Al-Mahdi Institute in Selly Oak, Birmingham. This is an excellent opportunity to develop valuable administrative skills whilst gaining experience in a professional environment.
Whilst completing this role you will be gaining experience in several departments, developing a range of different skills. Departments include: Office and Administration, Facilities and Hospitality, Estates, Finance and HR.
- Act as a first point of contact in the reception - answering enquiries, guests and responding/filtering and facilitating appropriate service provision.
- Receiving and directing phone calls to appropriate departments.
- Maintaining stationary stock and ordering more stock when required.
- Processing payments from tenants/donors etc.
- Ensure provision of hospitality services for guests of AMI staff and faculty.
- Arrange catering for meetings and events when required.
- Advertising wedding services and facilities available for hire and keeping records
- Assisting with filing for Estates department
- Assist with managing room set-up for meetings/events/conferences/weddings when Estates Manager not available.
- Assist Finance Manager with making payments, filing and keeping relevant records.
- Making payments to suppliers
- Keeping accurate records of staff holidays and absences.
Company Website: www.almahdi.edu
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be confident over the phone
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must provide good attention to detail - especially when dealing with payments
- Must be confident
- Must be reliable and have good time-keeping/punctuality
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must have the desire to work and learn new things.
- GCSE grade A* to E or Functional Skills Level 1 or above in Maths and English
This vacancy offers possible progression onto permanent employment or an Advanced Apprenticeship role for the right candidate.
Whilst completing this Apprenticeship you will receive the following support and training:
- Business Administration Level 2 Qualification
- Full Training at the Employers site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor visits, Observations and Reviews
- Witness testimonials from your Employer
- Technical Certificate (Industry Knowledge)
- Functional Skills support in Math's, English and IT if required