Location: Erdington, Birmingham
Qualification: Childcare Level 2
We are currently recruting for an enthusiastic individual to join the team at Hand in Hand Day Nursery as an Apprentice Nursery Nurse. This Apprenticeship role offers an excellent opportunity to develop key skills whilst gaining valuable work experience in a professional Nursery environment.
Throughout this Apprenticeship role you will be supported by a personal Assessor who will monitor your progress towards your qualification.
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with children
- This role requires you to be able to work as a team and provide activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate.
- Throughout this role you will be given children choices to enhance their self-confidence and worth.
- Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Must be confident
- Must be punctual and have good timekeeping
- Must be friendly and patient
- GCSE grade A* to E or Functional Skill Level 1 or above in Maths and English
- Previous Childcare qualifications are desired but not essential
This vacancy offers possible progression onto permanent employment or an Advanced Apprenticeship role for the right candidate.
Whilst completing this Apprenticeship you will receive the following support and training:
- Children and Young Peoples Workforce Qualification
- Full Training at the Employers site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor visits, Observations and Reviews
- Witness testimonials from your Employer
- Technical Certificate (Industry Knowledge)
- Functional Skills support in Math's, English and IT if required
Please do not directly contact the Employer regarding this vacancy. All candidates must apply through us (Gordon Franks Training) before being referred to this Employer.