Location: Garrets Green, Birmingham
Qualification: Childcare Level 2
We are currently recruting for an Apprentice Nursery Nurse to join the team at Scallywags Day Nursery in Garrets Green, Birmingham (B33). This is an excellent opportunity to learn key skills in a childcare setting whilst gaining valuable experience in a professional environment.
Company Website: https://littlescallywagsdaynursery.com
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- This role requires you to be able to work as a team and provide activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate.
- Throughout this role you will be giving children choices to enhance their self confidence and worth.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Must be a strong team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Good timekeeping
- Must be passionate about working with Children
- Desire to learn new things
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- GCSE grade A* to E or Functional Skills Level 1 or above in Maths and English
This vacancy offers possible progression onto permanent employment or an Advanced Apprenticeship role for the right candidate.
Whilst completing this Apprenticeship you will receive the following support and training:
- Children's and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2 Qualification
- Full Training at the Employers site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor visits, Observations and Reviews
- Witness testimonials from your Employer
- Technical Certificate (Industry Knowledge)
- Functional Skills support in Math's, English and IT if required