Provident Housing Limited
Urgent vacancy! Apprentice administrator required for Provident Housing Limited in Birmingham. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in business administration level 3
To provide comprehensive administrative support in the housing and soon to be care services for the Provident Group. Providing friendly customer focused approach as the first point of contact for any customers or staff. To help support the wider team in ensuring the homes are fully inspected and compliant to the needs of the business.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB ACTIVITIES
- To be the first point of contact for all queries and enquiries coming through to Provident Housing and Provident Care
- Answer phone calls within a reasonable time, deal with any incoming calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages. Ensure that phone is answered and if gone to voicemail, this is picked up and responded to.
- To log all calls that need attention (phone and direct contact) in the communication book and ensure relevant party deals with query.
- Attend meetings, taking notes, typing these up along with the actions, file and ensure all staff have read meeting notes and are aware of their tasks
- Prepare paper work for recruitment and selection tasks, referrals, training and auditing
- Greet visitors and determine reasons and deal with/direct any queries to relevant person
- Setting up and clearing room for meetings, interviews, training, referrals and consultation ensuring the room is fit for purpose
- Maintaining and staying on top of office supplies refreshments and equipment in office.
- Open, sort and distribute correspondence including emailing and ensure post is sent out.
- Performance of general office duties such as; photocopying, scanning, archiving, and emailing all documents to relevant areas of storage/people, inventorying etc.
- Support and contribute to a safe, clean environment for staff and customers
- Using MS documents to produce any notes, letters, memos and posters etc
- Ensure the office is manned alongside other staff throughout working day
- Setting up of folders for the services of Provident Group
- Maintain strict codes of confidentiality
- Support the staff with any administrative tasks required
- Booking staff onto relevant training and ensuring staff are aware of courses
- Management of office diary and room bookings, visitors and staff signing in and out files
- Monitor office maintenance and write in maintenance book and liaise with directors on how to resolve issue
- Keep office calendar up to date with sickness, TOIL, annual leave etc
- Ensure organisation board, staff board is kept up to date
- Help collect rent and service charges from service users
- Ensure the in-house system is up-to-date and all paperwork is logged on in the correct areas
- Keep data analysis and forms up to date with correct and accurate information
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages and emails
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Good organisational skills
- Effective at building good working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute positively with the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Self motivated and self sufficient with the ability to maintain workload
- Friendly mannerisms
- Can do attitude
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 3 to 9 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1-2
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Call – 01213333001 or email – Shakera.Rahman@gordonfrankstraining.co.uk