Pleasant Valley Care Limited
Urgent vacancy! Office Administrator Apprentice required for Pleasant Valley Care in Birmingham. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Business Administration Level 3.
General Office admin tasks when required as follows:
- To ensure the day-to-day operation of Organisation’s office facilities.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- To carry out office administrative tasks, to include filing of reports and documents, photocopying, answering the telephone, emailing and faxing.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- To manage the Organisation’s computer data base and word processing functions.
- To organise computer files and to ensure their regular and timely back-up according to documented procedures.
- To manage the Organisation’s Quality Documentation System in accordance with Document Control Procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled rotas, reports etc
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Provide general support to visitors
- To participate in Quality Management Review Meetings, to take minutes of such meetings and to prepare typed minutes for signature and distribution. Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
Assist the Human Resources and Training Team as follows:
- Check and action pending applications
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Maintain staff files and ensure that new staff files are completed with all the appropriate records
- Request references and perform DBS checks
- Maintain staff & training records
- Record all staff absences and reasons
- Any other tasks as required within the remit of the role
- Schedule staff training and setting up the training process
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, scanners and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Desire to work and learn
- Positive, Can do attitude
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 3 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1-2 or equivalents
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
- Shakera Rahman
- 0121 333 3001