We are currently recruiting for a Nursery Nurse to join Pioneers Nursery based in Yardley. This is an excellent opportunity to develop key skills and gain valuable experience in a professional childcare setting.
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- This role requires you to be able to work as a team and provide activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate.
- Throughout this role you will be giving children choices to enhance their self confidence and worth.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Good timekeeping
- Previous childcare experience desired
- Desire to learn
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 2 to 9 (A* to E) or Functional Skills Level 1-2
Possible opportunity to progress onto an advanced apprenticeship/employment.
Things to consider:
This role will involve working with children/young people so a DBS check will need to be completed.
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!)
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
From April 1st 2018, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
0121 333 3001 or firstname.lastname@example.org