Hand In Hand Nursery (YMCA)
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant for YMCA (Hand in and Nursery) in Birmingham, a leading provider of advice, support and guidance to children and adults.
Earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Children & Young People’s Workforce Level 2 with excellent career progression.
Working in a busy and professional environment with a successful business, the varied duties will include:
- Supporting staff to help develop potential of children
- Plan and deliver activities where children can reach their full potential
- Communication with parents and external agencies
- Involvement in training and meetings (may be out of working hours)
- Recording of information e.g. accidents
- Working within EYFS policy
- Providing a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing backgrounds and stages of development
- To be flexible within working practises of the Nursery e.g. cleansing of equipment, preparing snacks
- Any other related duties as required
- Follow instructions accurately
- Contribute new ideas
- Would fit into a well-established team
English and maths at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills.
Possible opportunity to progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship/employment.
Things to consider
The first interview will be held with Gordon Franks Training and if you are successful your details will be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy. From April 1st 2018 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
For more information contact:
0121 333 3001 or firstname.lastname@example.org