SEESAWS DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required for Seesaws Day Nursery, a leading private nursery who have various branches in Birmingham/West Midlands. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 for 12 months with fantastic career prospects!
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age related activity
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are compiled with
- Any other related duties to support nursery requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Cope well under pressure
- Team player
- Work well on own initiative
- Passion to work with children
- Caring nature
Must have Maths and English at GCSE A*-E or Functional skills Level 1 or higher
Equivalent qualifications such as Functional Skills or Adult Literacy/Numeracy do not qualify.
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider, Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details with then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training. The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. From April 2018 this applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Call our office on 0121 333 3001 or email on email@example.com