Urgent vacancy! Early Years Apprentice required for Fitcap Nursery a childcare provider in Sheldon. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2 for 15 months (Level 3 opportunities available to the right candidates).
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- This role requires you to be able to work as a team and provide activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate
- Throughout this role you will be giving children choices to enhance their self confidence and worth
- Working in the baby room
- Passion for working with children
- Interested in childcare long-term
- Confidence and patience with children
- Level 2 qualified looking for Level 3 (Ideally)
- Maths and English at GCSE A*- E or Functional Skills Level 1 or higher
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section).
Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour from April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for 21-24 year olds and £7.83 for anyone aged 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Call – 01213333001 or email on Shakera.Rahman@gordonfrankstraining.co.uk