We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice to join the team at Peepo Day Nursery as a Nursery Nurse. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to develop new skills and gain valuable experience in a busy and exciting childcare setting. Full training will be provided.
General duties for this role include:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- This role requires you to be able to work as a team and provide activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate.
- Throughout this role you will be giving children choices to enhance their self confidence and worth.
- Good communicator
- Able to enhance children’s learning and development
- Knowledge of EYFS Curriculum requirements
- ICT Literate
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Ability to work in a team
- Passionate about childcare
- Desire to work, learn and succeed
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 3 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1-2 or equivalents
- Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!)
- Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training
For more information on the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates