These qualifications are open to people carrying out assessments and quality assurance in most learning environments including FE, Adult Learning, Employers and Third Sector. They are designed for anyone assessing and carrying out quality assurance in all occupational sectors, accredited learning, non-accredited learning (e.g where performance is being assessed and the learner is not undertaking a qualification), qualifications on the National Qualification Framework (NQF) and qualifications on the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF).
The Level 3 provides a pathway for learners to understand assessment and if required, qualify as an assessor. Candidates who wish to achieve these units could be assessing competence or non-competence based learning, knowledge or skills. They will select the units and qualifications that meet the requirements of what they are assessing.
- The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment is for practitioners who assess the demonstration of competence in a work environment using the following assessment methods: observation, examining work, products, oral questioning and discussion, use of witnesses, learner statements and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- The Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement is for practitioners who assess knowledge and/or skills in vocationally related subject areas using the following assessment methods: assessments in simulated environments, skills tests, oral and written questions, assignments, projects, case studies and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is for practitioners who may use all of the above-listed assessment methods based upon sound assessment principles.
In order to achieve these qualifications all candidates will be required to undertake and successfully complete assessment activities including observation of assessing learners in a working or/and a classroom environment. The candidate will also need to demonstrate competence by producing a portfolio of evidence of assessment practice carried out over a period of time.
You must have a secured placement where assessment can take place or be in an assessing role.
- Evidence of planning assessment activity with a minimum of two learners
- Evidence of carrying out assessments and making judgements against agreed criteria
- Evidence of providing feedback to learners
- Evidence of recording assessment judgements in line with company and legislative requirements
Enquire about this course:
Call: 0121 333 3001