This Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid qualification is designed for those learners wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency paediatric first aid.
Learners will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first-aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation, such as a child or an infant who is unresponsive, has an airway obstruction, has breathing difficulties or is suffering from shock.
The qualification is valid for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
Upon successful completion of the course the delegate will be issued a certificate of attendance.
Highfield Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
This qualification is valid for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course.
- Practical Assessment: Completed throughout the course delivery where you must demonstate practical first aid.
- Theory Assessment
The course includes Practical activities and assessment, supported by a theory based presentation, involving:
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Providing first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- How to administer First Aid to an infant or child who is choking or suffering from hypovolemic shock.
- How to treat minor injuries