If you are feeling nervous before an interview, don't panic! This feeling is completely normal and it shows that you care about doing well.
However, there are a few techniques that you can practice to calm the nerves and make sure you do well under the pressure.
Below are our top tips:
- Ensure you have at least three questions prepared to ask at the end of the interview.
- Have a think about the difficult questions that could pop up during the interview and practice your answer in front of a family member or friend.
- Research the job role and the company before your interview. This will help with your confidence as you will know what you are talking about. This will also help you relate your answers to the company and what they expect from you.
- Give good eye contact and have a good posture. Remember to smile throughout!
- Consider your personal hygiene and your outfit. You want to look professional and suitable for the workplace to make a good first impression.
- Take a copy of an error free CV with you that you can give to the employer if they request one.
Remember, do as much as possible to make that great first impression and most importantly do not panic, just be yourself.